Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Easter Activities Part 1

Hello guys! So I'm not gonna make this intro too long cause I have a lot to get through in this post! Today I'm gonna share with you some activities I do at  Easter. Some of these I've done since I was really young others was the first year I've ever done it. Tell me in the comments below which one you liked best and if you're planning on doing any? Check out my Blog on Saturday and Part 2 will hopefully be up.

Bunny Bunting



You will need:

  • Computer
  • Printer
  • Scissors 
  • Colored pencils/pens
  • String

Step 1: Go onto the computer and search 'Bunny Templates' find one you like copy and paste it onto a Word Document and Print about 6 ( Depends on how many you want)



Step 2: Withe a black fine liner put detail on your bunny.


Step 3: Color your bunnies.


Step 4: Cut your bunnies out.



Step 5: Hole Punch your bunnies and put the String through them. You can now hang them up where ever you want!



Chocolate Easter Nests ( Yummy in my tummy)

These are one of my absolute favorites, all year round I look forward in making them! They are just divine. This is a tradition in our household and every Easter mum and I make them. Their are loads of different versions of this recipe but here's my one: 

Ingredients

  • 200g milk chocolate
  • 180g shredded wheat 
  • 2 tbsp golden syrup 
  • 50g unsalted butter

Step 1: With a spoon bash the shredded wheat against it so it comes apart.


Step 2: Break up the chocolate into squares, cut the butter into small pieces and put the golden syrup into a little saucepan on low heat. Make sure you stir frequently so the chocolate doesn't burn and turn bitter.


Step 3: Combine the shredded wheat and chocolate together. When you first put the chocolate in with the wheat you will think you have hardly any chocolate but don't worry after stirring for a few minutes you will get a lovely consistency like this:



Step 4: Using 2 spoons put the mixture into a cupcake tin. You will find that once you've done all of the 12 cupcakes you will have some left over and this is when you top everything up.
Step 5: Make a little dip in each nest and place 2 or 3 mini egg in each one. Don't be afraid to press hard!
Step 5: Place nests in the fridge for about an hour so it's set. 




2 comments:

  1. Anything chocolate is wonderful in my book. I've had these Easter Nests before, but I've never made them. Great post.
    Bright and Shiny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha same, I love chocolate! Oh really, u should make them let me know if you are going to! Thanks

      Delete